Over many years the firm has established a strong reputation for services helping and guiding clients through the various changing needs and problems related to their lives. This has developed into a specialised division within the firm providing help and guidance for individuals and families to protect and safeguard their interests and property. Our services include:
There are members of our Private Client team who specialise in the following areas of work:
- Wills including Inheritance Tax planning
- Power of Attorney – financial and welfare
- Guardianship and interventions orders
- Advance Directives or “Living Wills”
- Creating Discretionary and other types of Trust
- Trust administration
- Executries – dealing with someone’s affairs after they have died
- Estate planning for families
- Preserving assets, including the family home and care costs mitigation
You can arrange to discuss any of these matters with a free initial interview following which no work would be undertaken without confirmation of costs.
Everyone involved in this aspect of our work has many years’ experience and will always:
- act with total honesty and in the best interest of our clients.
- be sensitive towards the needs of our clients.
- provide a written estimate of costs (our fee and all outlays that we would have to pay on your behalf) for any work to be carried out.
- be courteous and respectful and respond to our clients in an appropriate manner.
- see our clients in an environment that is suitable to them e.g. our ground floor office, their own home, residential home, hospital.
- welcome attendance from family members or trusted friend at a meeting when requested by the client.
- understand the extra importance of all of these considerations particularly in relation to our older, vulnerable or frail clients.
“I completed a house purchase this week ,and I would just like to comment on the service I received …
From the moment I met Michaella , she put me completely at ease and dealt so efficiently with any questions that arose ,totally looking out for my best interest …..and keeping me up to date at all times .
I can’t thank her enough ……
I would also like to mention Margo who recently dealt with my late aunt’s estate ….she was a tremendous help to me also”
“I wanted to drop you an email to give you some positive feedback about Michaella.
We were recommended your firm by a relative, and Michaella guided us through what was a slightly complicated and protracted house purchase – ensuring we were kept informed and up to speed with developments. Her replies and letters were always timely and concise, and allowed us to understand the ‘legalese’!
Hopefully we will not be buying another house in the near future, but we would have no hesitation in using your services again”
“I just wanted to extend my thank you to Michaella, she has been fantastic assisting with my separation. She’s been understanding and supporting the whole way making sure I was always updated and checked in regularly” Miss M
“To all at Jameson + Mackay who helped us as a family with all that was involved with our father’s estate including the sale of his house we want to say many thanks for your help, professionalism and compassion. It was much appreciated and will be remembered. ” The W family, Oct 2021
Alison, I am writing to thank you and your team for completing all matters in connection with my late father’s estate. I am so pleased that my parents had the foresight to introduce us so many years ago. Please pass on my particular thanks to Pauline for the excellent way in which she handled matters. She has always been cheerful and very professional in all dealings I’ve had with her. She has always been easy to talk to and has helped make the process as easy as possible for myself which is much appreciated. Thank you once again for the excellent way that you have dealt with my late father’s estate. ” Mr K , July 2021
“Communication was very clear and responsive at all times and we signed our documents via a video conference call. Being able to proceed with key legal matters was very reassuring. All round a very positive experience in difficult times.”
Mr and Mrs J
“We are very happy with the service that has been provided by everyone at your company and we will be definitely using your services in the future as well as making recommendations to anyone we know.”
I should have sent an email earlier to thank you for all your work to make sure the settlement went through for the house (at both ends!) – we never met you in person but we both thought you were super efficient and we’re very grateful for your painstaking work on making sure that everything went through – as well as answering our emails quickly and reassuring us that all was well. It really is a great service that you provide.